5.0L COYOTE LONG BLOCK GEN 1 , M-6006-M50A1
Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote Crate Engine M-6006-M50A1 - $6,500.00
- The Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote crate engine is a modern 4-valve DOHC V-8 that delivers 435 HP - pulls to 7,000 RPM, and is happy cruising along at highway speed. The 2015 model year marks the first major design changes for the 5.0L Coyote engine.
- To help distinguish between the “old and new” engines the Gen 1 and Gen 2 designations will be used:
- GEN1-2011-2014 MY Mustang GT
- GEN2 – 2015-17 Mustang GT
- The M-6006-M50A1 Long Block has been developed for the customer that needs a Coyote that will run in a 2011-14 Mustang or run with a Gen 1 engine control system. Custom tune required, not included.
- This Long Block does not include the following:
- Intake manifold and throttle body
- Fuel rails and fuel injectors
- Engine wiring harness
- Water pump pulley
- Ignition coils
- Exhaust manifolds
- The M-6006-M50A1 Long Block shares these features and components with the M-6007-M50A Coyote engine
- The improvements to 2015-17 Coyote (Gen 2) focus on allowing it to breathe better. The improvements, many of which are derived from the lessons learned in developing the special edition 2012-13 Mustang Boss 302, allow for better breathing, especially at higher engine speeds.
- Gen 2 Coyote improvements:
- Larger intake valves
- Larger exhaust valves
- Revised intake camshafts
- Revised exhaust camshafts
- Stiffer valve springs to ensure that the valves close completely at high rpm
- New cylinder-head casting, including revised ports that provide a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow and combustion chamber modifications to accommodate larger valves
- Redesigned piston tops with deeper cutouts to clear the new larger valves
- Rebalanced forged crankshaft that supports higher-rpm operation
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Forged connecting rods
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Aluminum block
- 8qt capacity oil pan
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- Mustang GT automatic transmission flexplate
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50BALT
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
RPM Price: $6,500.00
- This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards.
- More Information and Resources
- Engine Tips & Specs
- Crate Engine Catalog
- INSTALLATION NOTES: See engine installation and tuning tips. Some items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
- This engine has a rear sump performance oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and regular rotation water pump, and non-EFI valve covers.
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 444 lbs