FORD 460 CUBIC INCHES 575 HP CRATE ENGINE REAR SUMP
Part Number: M6007Z460FRT | $9,450.00
- Ford Racing has taken its Boss Block to the max with the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever – the Z460. With 575 horsepower and 575 Lb. Ft. of torque, Z460 packs a pump gas fueled punch that works well on the street and on the track.
The foundation of Z460 is the legendary Ford Racing Boss block topped off with high port/high flow Z-Heads. Premium components from the best aftermarket companies are used throughout the engine, like a SCAT® forged steel crankshaft, SCAT® forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle® pistons and Clevite® bearings. And every Ford Racing Z460 engine is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances.
- Engine Specs:
- 575 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM 575 Lb.Ft. Torque @ 4,700 RPM
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 460
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.150" bore x 4.250" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5" deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam 6.125-inch length connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Ford Racing M-6564-F351 Roller Rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper – Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI Approved
- Valve Covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum – silver painted finish
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front (9 quart) or rear sump (7quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper (M-6675-FT351 front sump or M-6675-DRS351 rear sump))
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 included – long type - standard rotation
- Includes Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Distributor: not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Required fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internal – use neutral balance flywheel
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock PN 2924 Super Victor (not included)
- New block, oil and water pump, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock® Super Victor intake, Holley® 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers.
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. Call the Ford Racing Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
RPM Price: $9,4500.00
- This part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation of this part on a vehicle that is driven on public roads may violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards.
- More Information and Resources
- Crate Engine Build-Up
- Crate Engine Warranty
- Engine Tips & Specs
- Crate Engine Catalog
- INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover and M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- The M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
- The crankshaft damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, the engine is neutral balanced.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Dyno Chart Data