M-6006-M50A1 – Ford Performance Parts
GEN 1 5.0L COYOTE LONG BLOCK
The M-6006-M50A1 Long Block has been developed for the customer that needs a Coyote that will run in a “Gen 1”, 2011-2014 Mustang or run with a “Gen 1” engine control system.
This long block offers a performance improvement in 2011-2014 Mustangs due to the performance enhancing updates/components noted below:
- Larger intake valves than “Gen 1”
- Larger exhaust valves than “Gen 1”
- Revised intake camshafts from “Gen 1”
- Revised exhaust camshafts from “Gen 1”
- Stiffer valve springs to ensure that the valves close completely at high rpm
- New cylinder-head casting, including revised ports that provide a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow and combustion chamber modifications to accommodate larger valves
- Redesigned piston tops with deeper cutouts to clear the new larger valves
- Rebalanced forged crankshaft that supports higher-rpm operation
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Forged connecting rods
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Aluminum block
- 8 qt. capacity oil pan
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- Engine mount bosses and bell housing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
Many of the above improvements to the “Gen 2”, 2015-2017 Coyote focus on allowing it to breathe better. The improvements, many of which are derived from the lessons learned in developing the special edition 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302, allow for better breathing, especially at higher engine speeds.
CALL FOR SHIPPING QUOTE
Payment OptionsContact RPM
This long block does not include the following:
- Intake manifold and throttle body
- Fuel rails and fuel injectors
- Water pump pulley
- Ignition coils, see Ford Performance Ignition Coils
- Exhaust manifolds
- Flywheel/Flex plate, see M-12000-M50 or M-12000-M50A
- Engine wiring harness or PCM, use M-6017-A504VA for street rod application
- Alternator-Ford Performance alternator kit available, see M-8600-M50BALT
PART TYPE: Engine: Complete Engine
INSTRUCTION SHEET: Not Available
WARRANTY AVAILABLE: Available
PACKAGED DIMENSIONS: 36″ x 39.5″ x 36″
PACKAGED WEIGHT: 441 lbs
UPC CODE: 756122004340
CATALOG PAGE #: 131
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada
- Note: Long block is compatible with engine harness (VCT harnesses) built after 2/27/2012, see M-12508-M50 if your engine is currently equipped with early VCT solenoids and engine harness
- Note: Custom calibration required, not included
- Engine weight: 444 lbs.
- Photo and specs may vary.
- For more information on 5.0L Coyote engines, please see-Inside the Development of the Ford Performance 5.0L Coyote Long Block, Gen 1 Crate Engine and Coyote Crate Engine Technical Reference Guide
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.
Not all Ford Performance Parts may be installed on vehicles that are driven on public roads. Click here for more information about compliance with emissions standards.