M-6007-Z427ART427 CUBIC INCH 600 HP ALUMINUM CRATE ENGINE-REAR SUMP PAN
Part Number: M-6007-Z427ART
The company that created the famous 427 FE engine announces a modern version of the legendary motor. Built on the Ford Performance aluminum Z351 block, the 427 crate engine is engineered and hand assembled for drive-ability and durability while still offering a throaty growl. The Z427 is built with real high performance parts from premier aftermarket companies like Mahle, SCAT, Clevite, COMP, PAC, Fel-Pro and more. This engine is ideal for street rods, kit cars and all Ford projects requiring big power in a reliable, lightweight package.
600 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
558 lb.-ft. torque @ 5,000 rpm
Used in Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s “Brocky”
“This motor has been beat on and proven in Drifting and now most recently in Ultra 4 racing. 600HP and the massive low and mid-range torque for under $16k is hard to beat, especially something that can handle racing out of the box.” ~ Vaughn Gittin, Jr.
Free Shipping!Contact RPM
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125″ bore x 4.00″ stroke
- Block: Ford Performance aluminum 4-bolt main block – M-6010-Z351
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Solid Steel Billet Roller
- Camshaft lift – intake/exhaust (in): .644″/.653″
- Camshaft duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 258°/260°
- Timing Chain: Double Roller Timing Chain – M-6268-B302
- Cylinder heads: CNC ported Ford Performance aluminum “Z” cylinder heads – M-6049-Z304P
- Valve size (in): 2.08″intake valves and 1.60″ exhaust valves
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1243
- Compression ratio: 11.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper – Ford Performance SFI Approved – M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Ford Performance cast aluminum black wrinkle finish 427 Cobra Script – M-6582-W427B
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front sump pan with windage tray / scraper – 9 quart capacity
- Water pump: included long type – standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. MSD® distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Mechanical cam engine – No Warranty
- Recommended fuel: Leaded 110 octane
Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers M-6582-W427B should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Bronze distributor gear required
- Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
- Shipping weight approximately 460 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Click Here For Installation & Tuning Tips
PART TYPE: Engine: Complete Engine
INSTRUCTION SHEET: Not Available
WARRANTY AVAILABLE: Available
PACKAGED DIMENSIONS: 36.5″ x 38.75″ x 36″
PACKAGED WEIGHT: 456 lbs.
UPC CODE: 756122123799
CATALOG PAGE #: 167
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this art on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions. Read More Here!
Not all Ford Performance Parts may be installed on vehicles that are driven on public roads. Click here for more information about compliance with emissions standards.