M-6009-427A – FORD 427 ALUMINUM SHORT BLOCK
Part Number: M-6009-427A
BUILD IT YOUR WAY WITH FORD PERFORMANCE SHORT BLOCKS
Want to build a powerful Ford engine for your vintage muscle car, street rod, Fox-body or late-model Mustang? A Ford Performance short block is the perfect foundation. Ford Performance Engineers have taken care of the toughest part of building a new engine by designing a strong a durable short block that offers a wide range of power possibilities. We use only the best parts for our short blocks, like a forged steel crankshaft, forged H-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins, forged Mahle pistons, and the Ford Performance aluminum block. And every Ford Performance short block is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances – these aren’t assembly line truck engines made by machines!
Free Shipping!Contact RPM
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125″ bore x 4.00″ stroke
- Block: Ford Performance aluminum four-bolt main block 9.5” deck height – M-6010-Z351
- Piston to Deck Height: .005″ below piston to deck height (nominal)
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel: 4.000″ stroke
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H beam connecting rods with floating pin and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Mahle® 4.125″ bore forged, with reliefs for Z304D, Z304P, N351, and other inline valve Windsor cylinder heads. 17 cc piston dish. Check piston to valve clearance.
- Hydraulic roller camshaft compatible. Requires aftermarket tie bar hydraulic lifters
- 0.060-inch oil galley restrictors included for solid roller cam applications
- Internally balanced
- Uses standard Windsor timing cover M-6059-D351
- Standard Windsor oil pan flange
- Recommended cylinder head fasteners M-6065-BOSS head bolts or M-6014-BOSS studs depending on application
- Most aftermarket performance cylinder heads are compatible with this short block. Ford Performance short blocks are built with pistons designed for 20 degree valve angle heads and will fit stock or spread valve guide centerlines.
- Not designed for production 302/351W or M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads
- Assembled and ready for your heads, cam and timing chain set
- Requires head gaskets M-6051-R351
- Oil pan and timing cover are a 351W bolt pattern
- High-performance harmonic balancer M-6316-D302 is recommended
- Built with ALL NEW PARTS
- Photo and specs may vary
PART TYPE: Engine: Short Blocks
INSTRUCTION SHEET: Available
WARRANTY AVAILABLE: Not Available
PACKAGED DIMENSIONS: 19″ x 31″ x 25″
PACKAGED WEIGHT: 215 lbs.
CATALOG PAGE #: 171
UPC CODE: 756122000427
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this art on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions. Read More Here!
Not all Ford Performance Parts may be installed on vehicles that are driven on public roads. Click here for more information about compliance with emissions standards.